The day has come. Below you can find the program for the 15th edition of the Oscar®-qualifying International Animated Film Festival ANIMATOR. Also today, the sale of tickets for individual screenings and festival passes begins.
Let us remind you that the main theme of the 15th ANIMATOR is TURNING POINTS.
The history of mankind is the history of endless changes and transformations - both of the world around us and of ourselves. The main program section of ANIMATOR is dedicated to socio-cultural shifts and transformations, as well as experiences that redefine behaviors and habits. We would like to invite you to the screenings included in the TURNING POINTS. The titles of two of them titles refer to songs by The Beatles.
- Come Together - screening of 9 short films.
The time of the pandemic, climate change and now also war has shown how badly joint efforts are needed today, both on the small community scale, as well as globally. The films collected in this section illustrate the goals that can be achieved through collective action, but also show but also show what acting without a plan or according to selfish motives can lead to.
- Imagine - screening of 7 short films
In these unprecedented times, imagination can play a key role. Failing to foresee what else might befall us and what we might do, may lead us to cataclysms and tyranny. among others, the film MOLA will be showcased (which inspired Terry Gilliam's 12 MONKEYS), and a music video to the song IMAGINE, from which we borrowed the title of this program.
- LINOLEUM International Contemporary Animation and Media Art Festival + ANIMATORS WITH UKRAINE - special animation show of Ukrainian artists and a project of very short films, animated posters, and visualizations on the anti-war theme as an expression of solidarity with Ukraine.
- Europa – screenings of short films
We will be showcasing EUROPA - a film that is considered lost, surprising, and ahead of its time, directed by Franciszka and Stefan Themerson, dating back to 1932. Additionally, we will present the movie EUROPA II dedicated to the memory of the Themersons.
- Awaria Systemu - a student project of the Animation Department of the University of the Arts in Poznań (curated by Piotr Muszalski)
The seventh edition of the student project, prepared especially for the Animator festival, includes short, several dozen-second etudes, presenting an alternative version of human history. All festival screenings will be inaugurated by a different, short, film version of the student project.
Each year the Festival is accompanied by the International Animated Films Competition. It is a review of the latest animation from all around the world. This year, we will feature as many as 118 films.
- INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM COMPETITION - 6 screenings of animated shorts grouped thematically. We will watch: FROM HELL TO THE PROMISED LAND (AND VICE VERSA), YOU’RE NOT GOING ALONE, HUGE FEAST AND OTHER DELIGHTS, IN THE CIRCLE OF EVIL, ONLY ONE LIFE and TO TRAVEL IS DIVINE.
- INTERNATIONAL FEATURE FILM COMPETITION - 5 screenings of independent and artistic feature-length animated films.
- INTERNATIONAL ANIMATED SERIES COMPETITION - 3 screenings of animated series, including 1 screening for children and 2 screenings for teens and adults.
- POLISH ANIMATED FILM COMPETITION ANIMATOR.PL - screenings presenting a spectrum of the latest Polish animated productions in 4 thematic screenings: MIĘDZY NAMI, BEZ ZNIECZULENIA, PUNKT WIDZENIA, and CZĘSTOTLIWOŚĆ CHWILI.
The competition screenings will be accompanied by Q&A meetings with the filmmakers.
ANIMATOR UNSCREENED will serve as a prelude to the competition. In this section, we will present films that have not qualified for the official selection of the International Competition or ANIMATOR.PL Competition. As a result of the audience vote, two films will receive the so-called "wild card" and will be entered into the main contests.
ANIMATOR UNSCREENED will take place between July 4th-7th at Kino Muza and at Plac Wolności in Poznań.
Check out the full program of the 15th edition of ANIMATOR and choose your own festival line-up - [CLICK!]
TICKETS, PASSES, ACCREDITATIONS
Tickets and passes for individual screenings can be purchased at Kino Muza box office and via the www.bilety24.pl platform.
You can find our more about tickets and passes HERE.
- includes all screenings, meetings, and festival events held at Kino MUZA from 8.07. to 15.07.2022
- on sale from 14.06.2022 at Kino Muza box office and online
- Price 160 PLN
FESTIVAL PASS - KINO MUZA & myANIMATOR
- includes all screenings, meetings, and festival events held at Kino MUZA from 8.07. to 15.07.2022, screenings for ANIMATOR UNSCREENED presented from 4.07. to 6.07.2022 and screenings on myANIMATOR available from 15.07 to 21.07.2022 (Note- Access to the platform in Poland only!)
- on sale from 14.06.2022 at Kino Muza box office and online
- Price 200 PLN
FESTIVAL PASS - myANIMATOR
- enables access to all films presented on the platform from 15.07. to 21.07.2022 (Note- Access to the platform in Poland only!)
- on sale from 01.07.2022 - only online
- Price 100 PLN
- for journalists
- allows entry to all festival screenings at Kino Muza from 8.07 to 15.07.2022, selected events and access to myANIMATOR platform from 15.07 to 21.07.2022 (Note- access to the platform in Poland only!)
- getting accreditation for ANIMATOR 2022 festival will be possible starting 20 June 2022
- Price 30 PLN
*Accreditation is only for working journalists who will be covering the festival. The organizer reserves the right to refuse to grant media accreditation to a person who does not meet the above criteria.
More information about the festival can be found in subsequent festival newsletters.
About the festival:
The Oscar®-qualifying ANIMATOR is one of the largest animation festivals in Europe. Each edition of the festival showcases over 300 films from around the world, including competitions, retrospectives, thematic reviews, and premieres. ANIMATOR also features concerts, series, workshops, and a very extensive program for the youngest audience. A unique quality of the Poznań festival is the all-permeating fusion of animation and music. The 15th IAFF Animator will be held in Poznań 8-15 July and online 15-21 July 2022.